North Carolina for an hour now

Dear Friends,

I've officially been in North Carolina and South Carolina in the last hour. I love it here. It's humid and green. My skin feels good and I can breathe. No allergies. So that makes me happy. Do you want the update of the last 24 hours?

So my plane out of San Jose was late. So I hung out at the airport eating a bad egg roll. It's very difficult to find a good egg roll in my opinion. I talked on the phone a little bit and then major people watched. I love watching everyone at the airport. I think it's the closest example of the diversity of people under one roof. I landed in Phoenix, Az and had a super long lay over.

Hung out at a road burger joint place. It had hub caps and stuff hanging from the wall. Had some buffalo wings and watched the people go by. There was a crowd that was super angry because something happened to their flight. I was sitting near the departure screens and I could hear people swearing, venting, gasping, sighing, you name it, they were doing it. Felt so bad for them.
In the meantime I had three hours to kill.

So I continued to read the book for the social justice group recommendations. So far I'm on chapter 3 and I find him repeating a lot of the same things. I feel that the first few chapters are kindergarten kind of stuff. Although he quotes a few interesting lectures that I'd like to research and check out. But I think the reason he's so repetitve is to make his point memorized. But I know that faith and works go hand and hand. And that both are essential in any ministry. So I hope that chapter 3 and on are more informative. I'm curious to know how the other members of the team feel.

So I began to play free cell on my cell phone. And that got so old so quick. So I found a quiet spot in the airport and began to pray. Not sure what I was praying about. That whole moment felt a little foggy but I had peace. And then I went and sat next to a woman. I'm not sure why I always have divine appointments in the airport, but God has a funny way of doing it. This woman had suffered a terrible head injury and was on her way to see her son graduate college. We began to talk about faith, family, the important almost always missed moments in life. And I thought to myself wow, these are all areas that I'm familiar with. I'm more than equipped to minister to her so I did. I know she left our conversation blessed and she even said our conversations was an answer to prayer.

So soon enough I was on a plane to Charlotte. That seemed like the longest flight in history. I had an aisle seat but an 11pm to 7am flight just sucks. I guess if I were in first class it wouldn't be so bad, but no it pretty much sucked. I was so happy to get off the plane and begin my journey here.

Mr. Stuart (residence guy) picked me up. He's a super friendly older gentleman and showed me the interesting tid bits of the airport and why Queen Charlotte is bent over. He was so friendly and inviting. We talked about Africa and his life as a missionary. He's devoted 30+ years of his life to Africa. That's amazing.

So I'm staying in campus residence. I took pictures, because that's what I do. The residence is really nice. They have 8 rooms and four kitchens on the second floor. With a library, tv, and reading area. Each two bedrooms shares a kitchen and a shower. It's super nice. I'm in the library now. So the kitchen is fully loaded. And it has everything a person could ever want. The campus is on an old horse ranch of about 70 acres. And the whole area is green. Super lush green. Perfect for horse back riding.

So I'm currently off to a chapel service. Then a prayer time for the nations. And then lunch with Stuart (residence guy) wife. I'm the only person on campus so I'm going to enjoy my time here.

Glad I made it.

Comments

Popular Posts