???South America or Africa???

Met with Steve Knight and Joni Byker. Steve is in charge of international placement. Joni is a photojournalist for SIM. They were one of my last interviews yesterday. Got so much information out of them and they shared so much of what the day to day life of the photographer is out in the field.

I'm not sure if they were trying to scare me with the stories

But I grew so excited. I couldn't swipe the grin off of my face.

Joni and I sat there and exchanged stories and it was such a blessing. She's incredibly beautiful too. She looks like Daryl Hannah. And she's super talented. She's taking off for South America and then going to Liberia afterwards.

Steve was excited to meet me because he has met Dan Kimball and was really excited that someone from Vintage Faith Church wanted to join SIM. So we talked a lot about church, vintage, South America.

Apparently there is a great need to get the story out of South America and since I speak Spanish I just may be the answer they were looking for. So Africa may not happen just yet. It may be South America.

Everything is still up in the air but I will know more tomorrow for sure.

But I think my travel date is now being pushed back to November.

more later

Comments

Shannon Marie said…
I know they don't speak Spanish in Brazil, but maybe you could go there with me and I will try my best at Portuguese ? I'll teach you "don't touch me".
Anonymous said…
Did Steve say where we met?

Praying for you as you are there.

Listening to MOby right now. Trying to break free from my Smiths addiction. It is so difficult to do. Very difficult.
Anonymous said…
Hi Folks,

Shannon no word on Brazil yet. They mentione the Guays, Gents, Chils, and Vians that's about it.

Dan, think he said he met you a couple of times at conference in Virginia. he's part of an emer church called the warehouse or something.

A moby. excellent.

The morning after my investigations Pressure with Queen and Bowie came on the radio as my morning wake up song. And suddenly the universe was in unison again.
ahhhhh.

see you guys in a few days....
Steve K. said…
Hey Liz,

Jeez, I just finally went back in your blog to read this account of our meeting at SIM USA. Ha! Good times.

Anyway, for Dan's sake, I'll jog his memory: The last time he was in Charlotte (for the Youth Specialties conference), I picked him up at his hotel and took him to meet Tony Jones and others for dinner at Mac's Speedshop (great BBQ!). Later that evening we hung out in Mark Oestreicher's hotel suite w/Tony and others jabbering until 1 a.m. or something. (Besides my SIM role, I'm also one of the organizers of the Charlotte Emergent cohort group. Surprise!)

Looking fwd to seeing you back in Charlotte in October, Liz.

Shalom,
Steve K.

Popular Posts