People are like figure 8's

Days are so strange. Twenty-four hours of who knows what's going to happen. No matter how much anyone plans for ones day, we don't have a clue as to what can happen. I've been taught that being a good planner is a great skill/characteristic to have. Honestly, I'm beginning to think that's not true. I think a great characteristic that is missing in me that would be a great benefit is adaptability. I love pleasant surprises but it's the funky ones that always get under my skin.

Today I had the pleasure of the good surprises. Somehow in the middle of my crazy day I was able to get in contact with two very dear old friends. And I loved every minute of the conversation. These two guys are similar to that of a figure 8. We go months even years without conversing and then suddenly we find the time to say hello and catch up. What's even stranger is that it almost seems as no time has passed by. We're still the same age when we last spoke.

A.A.M. who is in New York is miles away from home, but with the beauty of myspace and IM we were able to catch up for just a few moments. And the whole time I chatted with him I had the hugest grin. He's a long lost brother to me and one of the most talented people I'll ever meet. He promised that I could be his fashion designer for his first film, and I'm still super excited about the idea. It's just good to know that he's alive and well and that NYC hasn't kicked his ass yet (or ever).

A.G. stopped by. A simple phone call from my driveway. He was in the neighborhood and wanted to chat for a little bit. He has always been a little brother to me and love the times we chat. Sometimes we argue like siblings too. But we always end our hang outs with a hug and a punch in the arm. When I look at him, I can still see the odd little junior higher that he was and forget that's he a grown man now with a mortgate payment. We sat in my front porch and just laughed the evening away. And then we talked about the deep stuff that we normally keep to ourselves.

And as I get ready to say goodnight. Close my eyes. And try to get some sleep. I've very happy. I am glad that the unexpected of my day turned out so well. Figure 8's aren't always a bad thing. The only thing that sucks sometimes is that I can't always veg out with my old buddies. I need to make time to do that more often.

Comments

Popular Posts