what is a weekend? why do we live for it?

I sit here wanting to capture the thoughts that arrived over the week. With great anticipation I turned on my computer, typed in the link, logged in, and now my brain is a total blank. I want to write something. I want to put a new thought out in cyber land. I want to reveal a part of me. But for the life of me I can not recall what I wanted to state.

I'm not an avid reader. Few books on this planet have actually grabbed my attention. But I do love to read. And there are some greats that have revolutionized my pattern for thought and analysis. So I sit at my desk wondering, how I could better describe/explain in any better capacity than the greats. I read what they write and I can only identify but can't always elaborate. Sometimes, it's already been written perfectly, why add ingredients.

The concept/development of the weekend is a fact. The weekend, to modern western thought of Saturday and Sunday. I sit in grey cubeland and hear the mysterious voices converse through a grey fabric wall. Monday through Wednesday the discussion always starts with the events of the weekend that just occured. Football, christmas gift shopping, pitches or beer drank, family visits, etc. Wednesday through Friday we hear of the weekend that is about to occur. More christmas shopping, family arriving, dinner preperations, pitchers of beer yet to drink, etc. Saturday and Sunday are the elite days of just being. Of launching out of the hum drum into the perfect two day stretch.

But what about Monday through Friday? What happends to us then? What is going on today? Thursay? Anything? Are our lives on hold until we get two solid days? That is the strangest idea to me. And for many this might not be the case. And for those that recognize each day is key, congratulations. But for those that only have 2/7 of a life of ______, makes me wonder. Wonder to the point of a whole other blog entry perhaps.

(this was a preface to write about my experiences this past weekend)

Comments

Popular Posts