Mark Yaconelli - My speaker this week

So he was pretty amazing. He spoke about so much but really I appreciated his vulnerability with the group. He stated that he doesn't have all the answers but has more questions as time goes on. More and more questions. He quoted CS Lewis that said "God is not the answer but the question." That's not the first time I've heard that quote and this is a time when I wish I could travel through time and ask him to explain further.

Actually, if I could travel through time I would go to every concert in history. Like when the drum was first invented. To when the messiah was first performed. To David Bowie performing at the Roxie. I would have loved to hear Frank Sinatra in a recording studio, etc. You get my point.

These are just some random notes that I took while he was speaking.

~ It will always look irational to share your wealth
~ Why don't we share more?
~ people call others idiots when the give 'it' away

Fear or Love
Control - Contemplation
Experts - Community
Posession - Procession
Coformity - Creativity
Accumiation - Generosity
Grasping - Releasing
Fast - Savor

~ Drink life in and let it grow
~What does it take to slow down?
~Remember how you are rich in God

"Every morning I'm handed the broken heart of God, and I have to choose what to do with it" _ Director of a Childrens home in Guatemala.

~In the end we've caused none of God's gloriousness to be present in our lives. It just happens. He gives glorious moments. You don't have to try to control/create those moments because they only exist beacuse of Him. There is no need to try to control what you haven't made.

That last sentence sent me in to a 2o minute loop. I know it's a duh thought but it was something different to me.

We then took a break and proceeded to do some other excercises that were a bit strange but had a positive side to them too. I'll write more about those in a bit.

Off to enjoy the lake...

Comments

Popular Posts