Update - North Carolina

Had breakfast.
Attended a rather different chapel service. I wanted to sit in the back but was asked to sit in the middle row in the middle chair. Ouch. But I thought hey, when in Rome. I also had to wear a name tag. Liz Cantu from Milpitas.
Where?
Yeah south of San Francisco.
Oh ok.
The gals around me encouraged me that this service is rather normal. I'm not use to it. The more and more I'm here the more and more I realize how spoiled I am by my church. And how much flipping amazing miraculous talent VFC has. We're such a special group of people. So amazing. I'm blessed to be working with VFC.

Had our first big group training. That went really well. Mr. Bob Hay spoke on what to expect and encouraged us with prayer. He is a super nice guy. Also met Terril from the Media team. And they took me down to the media cave. They do lots of great stuff for the missionaries. They make business cards and printed prayer cards, etc. Even do video production for them. Great team of people. They found me because I had a camera around my neck during chapel. And ofcourse I was taking pictures. It's getting to the point now that I don't know what to do if I hadn't a camera around my neck.

Soon after I met Kim and Irva. Great time chatting. I was asked everything from my salvation experience, to boys, to Jesus, to missions and everything in between. I don't even fully rememeber everything I said other than I felt confident in my responses.

I also got my bible literacy test back and I'm at like 72% which is not good in my eyes, but good in their eyes. Apparently I know nothing about the epistles or the prophets. Go figure.

Had a great lunch with a great group of people. David works for FEMA and is planning on going to South America. Michelle is a camp counselor and plans on going to Africa. Candace is a phsych major from Waco and is going to work in a coffee shop ministry in Ecuador, Sarah is planning on going to africa too. and we sat with molly a SIM employee who was from South Africa. Which ofcourse lead to a great world cup conversation and rugby. Yippie.

So I'm loving it.

I can't believe I just wrote that.

But yeah, I'm loving it.

smile.

See everyone in a few days.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I got a 78% on my Bible literacy test when I entered Bible college and when I left it was 82%.

so don't feel bad.

i am danny.

you are liz.

have a wondeful wonderful time there!
Shannon Marie said…
I would get like 32%. How does one take a test like this ? I haven't failed miserably at anything in, oh, a few days.

I miss you. I am sorry I did not get you your things. I am a fickle Franny and I need to be flogged for it. Auuughhhhhhhh, boo.

Popular Posts