I've never needed the Bible more

Today I woke up raw. Have you ever had a raw morning? I had only slept four hours. I woke up at my normal time of 8 am but had managed to stay up until 4 am the night before. But I just woke up feeling exposed. Like I had been turned inside out like a wooly sweater. Exposed. Vulnerable. Confused. Happy. Bewildered.

Normally I talk to God about all of this stuff. Some people probably would find it crazy but I talk to Him like He's in the room. As if my mom or best friend were hanging out with me while I worked on stuff.

So there is a lot that has recently come up in my life. More decisions to be made and more choices being offered. And it leaves me a little bit fuzzy.

And then I began to read a journal entry into a magazine about one's calling. And pursuing ones vocation. It basically stated that God is pleased when you love Him and use what He's given you for His glory. It was so simple but something I had to hear again. Ofcourse the entry was more detailed than what I'm describing right now. But it left me with this verse;

“Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Phil 4:6-7 NRSV).

I still have a hard time believing that the little things that concern me also concern my God. In all that is taking place today He's fully aware of and is present available. I come from a long line of women who worry over their loved ones. How does one not worry? How do you keep from worrying? I've learned to be thankful. I've learned to rely on Him for so much. I've learned because He has always been present in the yucky times. And the times He wasn't is because I had pushed him away. It says to let my requests be made known. Funny way of saying it, because I think He already knows before I start to speak. Today I switch my heart and hear what He requests of me. And a moment ago before I began to write I accepted the peace of God, and it's true it's something I'll never fully understand. He will guard my heart and my mind and reserve all the juicy creativeness He gave me.

sometimes it feels so good to write and get it all out

Comments

Popular Posts