The Arrival has left the building


Hello Friends:

Felt like writing a letter to all my dear friends that actually take the time out to read these thoughts. Funny thing is that by the time these thoughts make it on here...I've probably already shared it with you but here it goes anyhow.
A great group of people came together to help me tear down all the art work from The Arrival art exhibit. It's a rainy Friday night and these cool folk came in to help. Fabulous. So again a public thanks to Carmen, Justin, Lucas, & Deanne.

It was a lil sorrowful to remove creation off of the walls. To tear down curtains. To put it all back as to how it once was. Felt kinda strange. I had the job of removing stars off of the stage and all along I though I was in a jinx. Who takes it upon themselves to remove stars? Kinda of a crappy job.

But the opening night echoes through a rather dead hall. Not much activity but yet I could hear the noise from the party. My guess is that everyone who was there that night had a great time. The collective combination of art was powerful. Felt honored to hang my photographs next to some amazing thinkers.

The image above belongs to Josh. He's a totally talented photographer. I look at hundred of photographs a day. But when I looked at the images he recenlty did my eyes just froze upon them. If you haven't had a chance to snag a peek make sure you do. His photos make me proud to be in the same field as he.


<--- Geisha Mary} This is a painting of the blessed mother Mary. Kaycee had been inspired by Asian traditions and put a totally new spin on the nativity scene. Refreshing.

The Spread ---> } The food was truly a work of art in and of itself. People were smiling and munching all around. Hugs. Kisses were equally abundant. Cherries in December? What a treat!


<--- Ms.Kristin did this! Isn't it beautiful?

<-- Mr. Lucas

WENDY! You have to see this piece in real life. The color is amazing. If I was rich I'd have her paint my whole house. She's so good!

All in all it was a fantastic time. Short lived but wonderfully encouraging. A group of artist came together for two weeks in His name. Precious!!!

Comments

Popular Posts

Wind...