the need to see


DSC_7450 -artsy, originally uploaded by Photo2217.

“Not really. Peace Corps types only stay around long enough to realize they’re not helping anyone. Government only wants to stay in power until they’ve stolen enough to go into exile somewhere else. And the rebels, they’re not sure they want to take over, otherwise they’d have to govern this mess. But TIA, right M’Ed?" - Danny Archer

I am sitting in bed with my two younger sisters and re-watching Blood Diamond for the first time since my return home.

The film does give some perspective to the history of Sierra Leone and was a great aide to the timeline in which I came into the country.

I am absorbing this film now, recently returned home, and it sheds a whole different perspective than when I first left a year ago.

None the less, it's not an easy film or country to absorb. It doesn't make anymore sense. I can't offer any new perspectives or insights. I can't agree or disagree. My opinions have yet to be formed.

Comments

Ann said…
All of these photos are amazing!
Anonymous said…
thanks Ann!

Popular Posts