Thank you for letting me watch you work

Jane White & Alberta saying goodbye
DSC_5785 - sat, originally uploaded by Photo2217.

Dear Africa Mercy Shippers,

I am amazed by you. You truly are miracles at work.

Despite the politcs.
Despite all the red tape.
Despite the countless times your great ideas have fallen on deaf ears.

You are truly the miraculous work on this ship.

In every small/large thing that you do.

I feel like Dora the explorer at times getting to witness the dailies...

I walk around the different decks of the ship with my camera. Inspiration is my guide and you make my job so easy. You bring your expertise and compassion all the way from home to bless so many in West Africa.

Today I watched you surround a bedside to examine a little girl whose eye was so swollen. You the surgeon, the anesthesiologist, the health care provider, and the nurse loved her while you professionally went over her charts.

Today, I watched you nurse, in the admissions tent gently asking a series of very important questions. So tactful and compassionate in such an inconsiderate world.

Today, I saw you young woman, smile brightly because you really helped with the seemingly simplest of administrative tasks to alleviate some of the paperwork for the nurses. Your administrative detail will enable the nurses to focus their one-on-one care time, which will ultimately optimize the care for our patients while they are here with us.

Thank you for all the hard work that you do!

Blessings,
Liz Cantu

originally written on September 27, 2011
at 7:50am - Salone time

Comments

Popular Posts