AM I HOME?


My House, originally uploaded by Photo2217.

Am I truly here? Will I wake in the morrow only to discover that I am still on the bateau rocking in the belly of the whale? My mind has played tricks on me before and as I am about to drift deeply into the realms where only my rapid eyes can lead me; I have seen all of this before. My home on Washington Drive with a red door. My turquoise and nude wood kitchen. My striped area rug in the dining room. The mirrors placed around the interior of my home reflect the light coming from all of the nearby rooms. I am now in my cocoa washed room, and it is so very clean. Everything smells like my old Chanel perfume. TV, closet, robe, trinkets from previous travels; is this real? Am I really here? Am I home? Or will I wake in the morrow only to discover that I am still in Lome?
My mother. My father. My grandmother laying sound asleep in her bed. As usual she has one foot inside the covers and the other foot on the outside. My grandfather is lying on his small corner of the bed next to her. I had been waiting to see them again for a very long time. Kisses and hugs. Comfort. Peace. A filler up when I’m completely out of gas.
A shower. Yes, that’s what I will do. I will take a long shower and put on my terry cloth robe, and some music. Music from home. Yes, this is what I will do. And after that? What next? What will I do next? 2:40AM and I am wide awake.
I am home. Here. Now. No longer in the belly of the whale but in my cute little house on Washington Drive with the red door.

Comments

Popular Posts