Children In The Ward


Soaking His Casted Legs, originally uploaded by Photo2217.

April 18th, 2010
Midnight…from the belly of the whale

Tonight there are many topics going through my mind. Most of the time, the thoughts of the story come and are soon followed by the click of my shutter. The photograph is the mental note of the topic I would like to discuss later on, when there is time. However, there never seems to be enough time to go back and tell the story. Reminders replay in my mind to at least get the story of today out in post, but even that is a challenge because I’m living In the now, and don’t know when to stop and reflect. Maybe I’ll reflect when I’m at home again, resting on my temperpedic bed. My archive of photos will provide many memories and stories to which I can write about, but what do I want to share with you tonight? What are the updates I can’t wait to share with you?

My heart comes back to the patients that are sleeping now, just down the hall from me. Two little girls sleeping while their future is pending. Their daddy’s sit next to them, and make sure they are eating, and resting even if that means little to no rest for themselves. I’m not a doctor and can’t begin to go into the details of what sicknesses they have, perhaps down the road as I learn more, I’ll share with you too. Biopsies and cultures have been taken for the both of them, and we all wait and wonder what the results will be. Is it operable? Will God perform yet another miracle and heal these two little girls? Will the world pray for yet another one of our patients, only to have the answers so rapidly answered? He did it two weeks ago, He did it this weekend, and perhaps He will do it again tonight! The names aren’t important to share with you tonight. Just know that they are two of the most beautiful girls I have seen in a very long time, and have grown to know me not just as a photographer but as their friend. We have sung together. We have colored together, and I have cried when they cry.

Friends, around the world, please say a prayer for the both of them tonight. Wherever you are, just take a moment and pray for a miracle for the both of them.

Goodnight dear friends!

Comments

Popular Posts