My Last Morning in Paris


Walking Along the Seine, originally uploaded by Photo2217.

Saturday Feb 13, 2009

My Last Morning in Paris

I took a morning stroll before my shuttle comes for me. It is still very cold outside and due to this cold weather my stroll wasn’t nearly as long as I would like it to have been. Strike that, it’s not the cold it is that I did not bring sufficient clothing for the winter weather. Paris is a must see in the snow. The flurries blanket Paris.

There is a crunch that I have found addictive about Paris. The crunch of biting into a croissant to find that soft delicious middle. The crunch that my feet make while leaving my footprints in the snow. The crunch of my shutter snapping shut for every breath taking image.

Epcot Center and Paris Las Vegas should be ashamed of themselves. It led me to believe that Paris was only a glimmer of radiance to what it real radiance. Baz Lurhman led me to believe that Montmartre was untouched by history. However neither interpretation could enclose such an amazing city in one of their definitions. Perhaps that is why artists flock to this city. It cannot be enclosed, and what artist wants to be enclosed.

During my stroll, a woman stopped dead in her tracks to feed the birds. She pulled a wrinkled bag of bread and started to open it. Immediately other birds came to flock near to her. She slowly unrolled the wrinkled bag and began to woe the birds with her kisses and crunch bag announcement. The birds were in her charms with an appetite. I giggled because it reminded me of my experience here. Paris offered me a few delicacies from its bag of goodies to say, come here Lizzy, come here artist, have a taste, you’ll be back for some more. You’re addicted too, aren’t you?

Comments

Popular Posts