9 days


The Plane - Rainbowfied, originally uploaded by Photo2217.

This trip has been a definite faith walk, and even if I don’t make it on the gangway in Togo, I am so thankful for the experience of attempting such a trip. I know I have mentioned it before, but I read the stories of so many volunteers on the ship and the tears just start to flow.

When all the doubts and insecurities would arise, I did not want to give up. Opportunities such as the one I’m about to embark on, have only come up once in my whole life. I did not want to give it up, or wait for another one to come. My only prayer that I could utter at times is a simple sentence.
‘I know my future is on that boat.’ And that’s all I could whisper to God.

As of today, 9 days before my departure the trip is still a go! I have sat over my post-its and my opened suitcase and have made all the final decisions. I have received every immunization known to man. I found incredible discounts on items that I needed for the trip, to the point where they were practically free. God has even warmed up my arms to hold babies again. I think the last babies I held were my neighbors’ daughters (lil sisters) who are now in college. Joel, a good friend of mine, has offered to take on the role of Office Manager at Westminster while I am away. He and his wife gave birth to such a cute little girl a few months ago, and she comes into the Westminster office with her daddy. While Joel is learning the every dayness of Westminster I get to hold Melody. The good thing is that she doesn’t cry in my arms and I think she kind of likes for me to hold her too. And even in a detail as minor (grand) such as this, I think of the babies that the nurses get to hold on the ship, and I’m looking forward to helping out too. Baby holding time! YES!

Comments

Popular Posts