$2517 left to go to TOGO

As I had mentioned previously I spent a grand portion of the week prior worrying about whether or not I would be able to go to Africa after all. I did the math, and recounted my savings, and looked at the January 12th deadline numerous times. I kept thinking if I recalculated enough that the funds for my journey would mysteriously multiply in a quantity of a family of reproducing rabbits. However this wasn’t quite the case.

I went from Friday AM thinking that my entire vocational calling is about to go down the tube. Crying. Groaning. Moaning. Throwing in the towel. Thinking it might be a good time to tear down my photographic inventory and begin to sell it. To give up on photography. To just give up. To just function. By Saturday 4PM, it all changed again. I got a number of phone calls and emails confirming that this indeed was a journey I must take and were not only praying for me but also sending in a financial donation to Mercy Ships on my behalf. As of Sunday 9PM, I have more than half of the money raised for the mission. I am only $2517 away from the financial goal of embarking to Togo.

Isn’t that a miracle?

Michelle and Nurse

Comments

suzanne said…
The hardest lesson I learned last year was trusting God to provide the funds. Then it became the best story of how He did!
If its in His will it will all work out. Be encouraged, be excited, the pain of fund raising will be a thing of the past very soon. Looking forward to seeing you on the ship!

Popular Posts