Prayer, only $6000, you can come too, donate items

Thank you everyone for your wonderful words of encouragement. I have heard from so many of you in the last couple of weeks and I am so blessed. God has been so faithful to me throughout the plans for this mission to Togo. Please continue to send those emails. I have kept a file of all those wonderful notes, to re-read during the sea sickness times on the ship (I get sea sick). I would so greatly appreciate it if you would. I am now writing to give you an opportunity to participate in this ministry in other tangible forms.

Please consider praying for our team. Pray for the crew of The Africa Mercy and in Togo. Pray for the short time while we are docked in Togo, that we will produce long term positive results. And pray for me: for health and protection on the trip, for my effectiveness in ministry and ability to learn new things from this experience. Pray that I will find the financial support to make this trip possible too. Pray especially that I will return with a real testimony to share with everyone in North America.

Another way that you can participate is to support me financially. An excerpt from the Mercy Ships website states,
“Volunteering for Mercy Ships will not only change the lives of those you serve, it will change you. There are many ways to support Mercy Ships in our global medical mission to help the poor. It takes all kinds, with all skills. There is a need for both medical and non-medical volunteers.

When you think of Mercy Ships, imagine what it would take to run a small city. There are volunteer positions in a variety of areas including: housekeeping, galley, deck crew, doctors and nurses and everything in between. Our volunteer opportunities are both long and short-term onboard the Africa Mercy.

Short-term crew can volunteer from two weeks to two years depending on the position and typically fill service roles or very specialized medical or technical positions.
Long-term crew make an initial commitment of two years and typically fill positions that require more continuity and training.

All of Mercy Ships volunteers are required to provide/raise their own funds to cover crew fees, insurance, and transportation to and from the service location.”

That’s correct all volunteers are required to provide/raise our own fees. After looking at the funds needed for my crew fees, and transportation it is not as expensive as I originally thought. The majority of the $6.000 is just for the transportation to Africa. The crew fees are only $650 a month.

Your generous gift will enable our team (local, and Africa crew) to make a wholistic, positive, jolting impact in all of our lives. I have been in all three seats before. Personally, I have been blessed in each place. I have been the person that has been reached out to (life saving). I have also been the person that reached out to someone in need (humbling), and I have also been the person that prayerfully/financially supported the person that was sent out (privileged). All spots are an incredible opportunity, and each is so key in accomplishing a compassionate change in all of us.

Please know that, Mercy Ships is recognized by the IRS as an official religious organization so your donation is fully tax-deductible. If you feel that you could participate in this way, please:
a. Make send a tax-deductible check payable to
Mercy Ships
ATTN: Donor Services
PO Box 2020
Lindale, Texas 75771

b. Write “account 2756” on the memo line (that is my designation code).
Please do not write my name on your check.

There are many people who have written and mentioned that they would like to join a group like Mercy Ships. Well you can! If you click on the volunteer portion of the site, they are not only looking for photographers and videographers, but for a myriad of other positions too. Please look. There are also ways for local communities in North America to become an anchor while folks are in Africa. I am even trying to figure out, who I can contact, to donate Nikon gear to the Public Relations dept, to enhance the already amazing images to the photo archive. And any personal advice you can give me will always be appreciated. Tell me about faith, Africa, health, illness, photography, humanity, hope, and patience! I hope to gain insight in these areas too, and look forward to the long conversations with you my dear friends when I return.

Thank you each and every one of you dear friends! Please be sure to keep me in your thoughts and prayers from now until my return in May 2010. Through all of your forms of support please know, AS I GO, YOU WILL GO WITH ME!

Comments

Popular Posts