I visited Wendy's house














One of my clients is a photographic virtual tour company. Privledged to visit homes and photograph their surrondings. I never know what to expect. Usually the homeowners are around and talk to the real estate agents while I'm photographing the various rooms. But there was something different about this house. Yes the real estate agent was there, and the homeowners, but I hadn't anticipated this adventure at all.

I rang the doorbell and a beautiful silver haired blue eyed woman came to answer. She had been preparting the home for the photographic visit and it looked so lovely. Detailed evidence of decades of life lived in this home. Beautiful. It was a real home. She introduced herself, Wendy. And we began to talk about her life and the journey experienced while at this house she was now selling. She referenced Peter Pan a few times, which lead me to ask if she was named Wendy after the character in the story. Her face lit up and she said she was. Out of all the people/characters to be named after...that's probably one of the coolest.


She then went on to tell me that she was a twin. She was named Wendy and her brother (twin) was named Peter. After the famous Peter Pan. He has since passed away, her face expressed an obvious sorrow. But in an instant her face change, glowed, as if a memory whispered in to remind her. Great fondness. Of her brother? Of their childhood? I'm not sure! Her house had elements of Peter Pan throughout, and her childlike heart was apparent in ever section via decor, books, pillows, art, flowers, etc. Childlike indeed.

So yesterday, I spent the afternoon at Wendys house. Yesterday, I met the famous Wendy. Yesterday, was a great treat. I had an audience with the famous Wendy, all grown up. But childlike at heart (still). Saw the nursery. Saw the gargen where Peter approached in the midnight hours. You can't see it in this last photo but their is a sculpture of him in the backyard. It was better than Disneyland...

Comments

Popular Posts