The Red Door Cafe, San Francisco California


 Friends, this isn’t your ordinary eatery.

I live about an hour outside of san Francisco and had planned on a days adventure in the city. I had grown tired of the same old breakfast joints and for the first time ever went to the internet to hear what others were saying about good breakfast spots. The first yelp response was the little red door café. All the reviews seemed fantastic, and I was sold. This was the place I wanted to try.
We found metered parking on the adjacent street. Walked over and saw a small line (we went on a Thursday) of people standing outside and in line to get into the restaurant. The owner (adorable) greeted every individual (secretly he’s interviewing you) and handed us dolls to care for while we waited in line.
And we waited. At one point my best friend and I looked at each other and telepathically contemplated leaving. But if we figured if we had already been in line for an hour what’s another thirty minutes, right? So we opted to stick it out and see what the big deal was, besides we couldn’t leave the baby dolls that were left in our care.  And we began to find out the closer we approached the door.
The rules of the restaurant had strategically been placed on the window facing the street. It’s a great read, and a reminder that there are still business owners who do what they want, when they want, and want it the way they want it.
We met the owner, and he’s a doll. Truly. An artist in his own right. He has great hair (am jealous). He  gave us the menu to review outside, and to pre-order even before we sat down. So nice of him. He also got us some coffee and a Diet Coke so we could refresh ourselves while we waited. Awesome. He goes all out! The menu is fabulous too. I want to try everything on it, which means I’m going to have to keep coming back and back and back again. Needless to say, I passed the interview! Yes!
The first menu item that popped out to me was, Le Metro Parisien. My best friend ordered this delicious bacon & egg melody. So good too. We truly didn’t know what to expect, and as much as I want to describe the inside of the building, I want you to go, see it for yourself. And I would love to describe the sculpted platters of deliciousness, but it really is a must see. Words will not do it justice.
I ate in complete ecstasy from the very first bite. I didn’t speak to anyone, in fact, I may not even have opened my eyes for the first ten minutes, and purposefully savored every bite of my breakfast. I have been all over the world and have eaten in all kinds of places, but this is truly the best breakfast I have ever had.
I felt as if I was eating a DaVinci. I compare it to Leonardo because the thought that went into the art piece could only be done by a master. This is a must try!!!
Go. Walk. No, wait. Run.

The food was sooooo good, I didn’t want to s^&%t it out.

Comments

Popular Posts