More information about my journey to Sierra Leone

Lizzy is going back to Africa (again).

Yes. It’s true. I’ve been asked to return to work with Mercy Ships, this time in Sierra Leone. The passion to photographically document the lives of people while guided by the creative lens of a compassionate God has motivated me to return to serve in West Africa.

Mercy Ships is a global charity that has operated hospital ships in developing nations since 1978. Mercy Ships brings hope and healing to the forgotten poor by mobilizing people and resources worldwide, and serving all people without regard for race, gender, or religion.

Want to come along?

I will be continuing as a photographer, responsible for documenting more amazing stories of hope and recovery. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to return to Africa. Not everyone can volunteer their time, pick up and move to the developing nations in West Africa, but by partnering with me, you can be a part of this miraculous journey, too.

Would you consider this invitation and partner with me? Partner with me through your prayers and words of encouragement; your emails and facebook messages. Partner with me by keeping me accountable to the true mission and to share the lives of our patients and friends in your local place of worship or community space. And partner with me financially, helping me raise the support I need to return.

As a volunteer in this organization, I am required to personally meet my financial need of $1,200 per month for the entire time I am on the ship (15+ months/long term), an additional $4,000 is also needed to cover the cost for the required Gateway training course in Garden Valley, Texas. These fees include travel expenses, crew fees, medical insurance, and projects.

Would you consider partnering with me in the monthly amount of $20, $50, $100, or $200 or a one-time donation to help me reach the full financial goal? Truly all you do and have already done has been such a blessing.

I will begin the gateway course January 8th, 2011, and at the end of the training I will leave for Sierra Leone. It is my personal goal to have my financial support firmly in place no later than the end of November, but for planning purposes it would be very beneficial to have the commitment from my partners within the next month.

Know that I am truly touched by the outpouring of interest and love you have given me and the vulnerable of West Africa. Thousands of lives were changed in Togo and it is my hope that tens of thousands of lives will be touched in Sierra Leone. This nation has suffered greatly and I would consider it such an honor if we could provide a season of healing and relief in the life of the local people.

Blessings to you and your love ones,
Liz Cantu

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better" by Dr. Seuss

Would you please prayerfully consider financially partnering with me?
If so, here's what you need to know:

a. Please make your tax-deductible check payable to:
Mercy Ships, ATTN: Donor Services
PO Box 2020, Lindale, Texas 75771


b. Write "account 2756" on the memo line of the check
(that is my designation code).
Please do not write my name on your check.

c. Or you could donate online at: Liz Cantu's Mercy Ships website
You can follow the link to make a one-time donation or you can click the link to make monthly donations as well.

d. Or you can phone directly 903-939-7000
ask for the Donor Services dept.

Comments

Popular Posts