Praise Celebration




Patients, Caretakers, Nurses, and Day Volunteers gathered around the conga drums today at 10am to start the day with an African praise dance.

Even patients in bed, still managed to not only place a smile on their face but to clap joyously as they sang. Even the Lego building blocks became musical instruments for our young orthopaedic patients. The music was so contagious that patients and volunteers from the near by wards started to come in, until it grew to a ward festivity of the finest.


We sang a praise song over and over again:



Je chanterais de tout coeur,
les merveilles de mon papa Javel,
Il m'a ote des tenebnes,
il m la libere de tout peche

Mon papa est gidele
il ne m'abandone jamais
Je n'ai plus rilm a craindre, car Javeh m'a libere'
Je suis dans la jars,
une joie l'mmense
je suis dans p'emotum
car Javeh m'a libere
(not sure if I spelled it correctly)
In English:
My father is faithful,
he will not abondon me
I'm in joy, an immense joy,
I'm in emotion because God gives me freedom.
I will sing with all my heart
the goodness of my father yaweh
He has saved me from the darkness
He has saved me from my sins


Comments

Carmen said…
hello you!

Popular Posts