London


London, originally uploaded by Photo2217.

In London in Terminal 4, the International Terminal.

There is tons of construction at Heathrow, so that enabled me to take short 10 minute bus ride around Heathrow. The sliding doors opened, and immediately the English breeze kissed my cheek again. It was doubly refreshing to feel the fresh wind not only because I love England so, but after sitting in a plane for 10 hours and breathing in re-circulated air is anything but refreshing. Heathrow! I already feel smarter. The English love words, and aren’t lazy about using them. Being from California we are the only culture that can acquire one word to mean so many different things. For example? The word DUDE. Yep can mean so many things, when the English have several words for the same sentiment but for varying degrees.

Also, I think I can kick the hangover of time travel this time. Jet Lag the nasty nasty portion of travel. I forced myself to stay up since 8am London time and it’s currently 3pm now. I’m sleepy, but I can manage until I arrive in Paris (a few hours).

This journey has been an amazing one. I found myself so unsure of the sureties this time. The entire time I packed. I felt so insecure and almost downright depressed. I always have a sixth sense about travel. It’s the second to photography of trusting God and my nature to prepare for a journey, and this was the first trip that I packed blindly without any sense one way or the other. I even cried because I had no clue what to bring. Then I woke up thinking two x two. God does things two x two, and so shall I.

I called the airline to confirm what the baggage capacity would be for my flights, and managed to be under the weight limit by 6lbs. I was so excited. If I had gone over the limit they would have charged me an additional $150. My mom brought a bag just in case I had to leave an extra pair of shoes at home or something.

I briefly said goodbye to my grandparents. Mama cried, which lead me to cry too. And just as I was about to go through the security check point in SFO, when my mother touched my heart and my parents prayed for me, which made me cry too. And I went through the security check point thinking ‘What in the hell, and I doing? Am I sure I want to do this? Togo?’ Then I just stopped thinking, I took out my lap top, took off my shoes, took off my belt, placed my bomber jacket in the carrier with my 1,000 bottles of eye drops, and off I went. Cleared for Europe.

Throughout the way to the airport and even on the plane, there were signs. Signs that confirmed that yes, indeed this is a journey set for me by God’s design. Songs on the radio, that play every time I get ready for a trip (Eagles), an African bumper sticker along 237, peace that could only come from Him, and to many others to mention. It is just me hic cupping (via questioning) God’s design. Are you sure God? Are you sure this is the way? Those hic cups can be dangerous. So God in His gracious ways, would send me reminders through His Holy Sprit. Not the splitting the sea in two signs, but big enough and significant enough to recognize Him as the Designer.

This portion of Heathrow is rather quiet. Not much activity. I’m the only pc laptop user in a sea of Mac. Kinda jealous. But I’m happy with my lil guy too. Stopped for a coffee and muffin (blueberries were sour, and I don’t think that was part of an English recipe). I did however pass a few tea shops. Made me think of Michelle Exposito and her amazing tea set and tea collections.

I’ll write more from Paris!!!

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Comments

Popular Posts