8 days - Mama the cure to empacho

Mama the cure to empacho

Maybe I’ll always have an old school missionary heart. For when I start to think of suffering children, I want to help and do all that I can. When I was a kid, my grandmother and I would watch the Feed the Children or St. Jude hospital commercials. I would just start to uncontrollably cry. I would bring the phone over to my grandmother and make her donate. I would run for my piggy bank and ask her to break it, so we could send them money. And yet even today in our “modern’ world there are babies that are suffering. The commercials worked but a quarter of a century later, those commercials still air on TV. Babies are still dying. Babies still suffer. Parents still spend restless nights worried over their children. Children are orphaned and left vulnerable because the available preventable medication isn’t made available to the third world nations. This is happening daily, everywhere, in Haiti, in Togo, in Indonesia, and even in the US.




I keep thinking what baby is currently suffering tonight, that will soon be touched by the hands of the volunteers on Mercy Ship? What child out there tonight, will soon receive a miraculous surgery that will transform them wholistically for the rest of their lives?




Tonight, I have been praying for open channels of communication between all the medical fields all over the world. For the scientists and doctors sitting over their microscope, that Divine inspiration would come over them and guide their mind, hand, heart, and eye to that right experiment for the right solution, and a step forward to a cure. For the pharmaceutical companies to be a participating healing agent and not to disrupt life. For Christ’s ever working miraculous power to bring a cure to these illnesses today!




I look forward to hearing the media sharing the new discoveries of alleviation from pain, sickness, and suffering. I look forward to hearing the media share stories of how pharmaceutical supply companies united and create instruments that would easily aid the third world nations. I look forward to the future awards given to the scientists, researchers, and doctors that found those long awaited breakthroughs, and for school systems to tell students that they really will be the next life changers of the world, and for the kids to walk out at 3:20pm when the bell rings, and believe that this is truth.




And I see blog posts that the Africa Mercy is on its way to Togo even now. The crew has settled in, the cargo has been loaded, and I will soon meet them on Togo’s shore. Wowie! In just 8 or so days, I will have the privilege of arriving in Togo and residing amongst a crew that represents 44 nations, that represent Him, that represent a unified heart of compassion, and will join the past, present, future history of the nation of Togo.

Comments

Popular Posts