Psych Exam - processing

Did you know that about 300 questions if answered honestly can say a lot about who you are? Apparently I'm a rather normal woman with a few never before seen scores. Some positive some worrisome. I'm not a lost cause and there is hope for me yet. LOL.

That had to have been the most nervous interview of all the others that I had. My file was filled with charts and quetions and inquiries. And I prayerfully hope that I was as honest as I could be.

We sat and talked about my life, history, and desires. Talked about good and bad "patterns". Talked about my personality and how I get along with others. And I think I was rather accurate in explanation. Well then my test results said the exact same thing. I have issues with authority figures, have a huge ego, and a perfectionist, oh and I'm a lil paranoid. Positive side, I'm creative, fast thinking, detailed, organized, genuine, compassionate, etc. So yeah perhaps I'm all of these. How did he know?

And then he sat there and read to me my references comments:

strengths;
good photographer, creative, good listener, cares for people, helpful, passion for christ, passion for the vulnerable children, etc,

weakness;
people pleaser, takes on more than she can handle, likes compliments/recognition for the work she does, motives for what she does may not be for the pure intention, perfectionist, opinionated, easily angered, over emotional, resntful of certain tasks asked of her, etc

some of these things that came up from my references are general concerns that the SIM group has. So it's stuff they want to "talk" more about, but may not be a prevention from heading out to the mission field

But the experience was really good. Really really good. Gave me so much to think about, and some things to work on. The main thing is to narrow down my ministry to one focus this year and to potentially try to let go of everything else. Focus on time with my family and to take time out to go on the mission field.

and lots more that is just a bit to personal to mention on this blog.

But all things that are feasible and that I can potentially do.

It's funny what a test/myself/and loves ones all conclude. As I'm turning 30 it was perfect timing. I hope to spend the summer and fall really working on me and Him.

Comments

Popular Posts