Do I still blog?

I was recently asked if I still blog. Actually a great friend asked me that yesterday. My answer was a simple no. That I usually only write about something if it really moves me. That nothing really moves me anymore. Therefor, I rarely write.

As I drove home, the realization came that what was said early wasn't the complete truth. There is still a tremendous joy found in writing. And eventhough, I'm a calmer person in my late 20's, life as a whole still moves me. Even yesterday, there were events that took place that I might have even been able to write a book about.

Yesterday I thought ok. Tonight when I get home I'll blog. I'll blog about this. I'll blog about that. And began to formulate beatiful sentences in my head. Just to find that by the time I got home, it had all been forgotten. I even reminded myself of the times, that I've carried a journal so I could jot these ideas down before I'd forget them. And, thought how perfect it would be to own one again. Or to have one for inspiration to write later in the evening. Etc. To just have that feel good feeling of the brain flow to the hand, that holds the pen, that rests on the paper, that my eye focuses up on, that asks my brain, to write it down. I've always thought that flow alone was a miracle. God put that in us somewhere. In an unexplainable part of us. If you've ever enjoyed the art of writing, you know what I'm talking about. It's just there. Somewhere inside of us.

Comments

Shannon Marie said…
Not gonna blog about hunchback stories ?

I wonder how much I will forget in my old age. This makes me grateful for blogs now.

Popular Posts