Coffee

In just a few days
what I realized today....
One of my biggest dreams will have taken place. Not sure if you ever saw the movie sliding doors with G.Paltrow. Have you seen it? I kept having experiences similar to this movie today. I saw flashes of my life at different ages. Followed by where my life currently may have gone if I had made other choices. Through this dream like state I could now see the extension of God's mercy over my life. How He permitted this and provided for that.

the opening of our coffee house...
The 350 Mission Cafe will soon open. Not sure what they're going to call it yet, but that is my name for now. To bad it's not called 365 Mission. Representing the days of the year.

A brief explanation as to why I'm so happy...(some of Lizzy's history)
There was this coffee house in downtown San Jose. Its since changed names but it was my local coffee house. I would sit there and watch the people. Some were locals and would come in every day. Some were tourists or business professionals that needed that last caffeine fix before the end of the day. The baristas smiling always probably due to the caffeine high the were often on. And I always knew as great as this place was something was always missing.

Since that realization I've prayed. Wished. Hoped. Longed. for a venue that will soon open. I walked in today and felt joy. Such happiness. Gratitude. Humility. Thankfulness. It almost felt like Christmas.

Overall thoughts...
I know this journey hasn't been easy for everyone. There have been many sleepless nights. Long moments of prayer. Times that probably everyone wanted to throw in the towel. Some have gone up in rank so to speak. Some we've lost by the way side. Some have to valiantly given up their comforts so that the vision can continue. Some stay stubborn and skeptical as ever. Some are here to offer a helping hand. Others have used their God given talent to beautifully create.

the actual events of today...A group of artist delivered their art to hang in our new space. A team stayed to help hang the pieces on our new walls. Our only major problem is that we didn't have enough space to hang up all the wonderful talent. As I approached the space I could see the glass reflecting all the great lighting that had recently been installed. And we collectively began to ponder the home of each individual piece.

where was home for this photograph, this mixed media on masonite, this egg wash on canvas, this pencil and acrylic illustration, but deep down what we were all really saying is that we've found a home. A home where artists can exhibit their hearts. To visually take us to a place of understanding that we may have never considered before.

Wendy Davis pulled out her piece that she created for my family. It read. The Lord is my light of whom shall I fear? And I thought how perfect. How perfect. It brought tears to my eyes. She also created a 5 series piece. So beautiful. And Cheryl our art mama. She came to support us. To help hang work. To just be. Danielle eager to make it all work. For us to be a team. Shannon the voice. the ears of the space. and all these helpers that just came and gave of their time.

Once again I realized I found a home. And I know others felt that too. And I sat on our new sofas and cried. I first cried because I wonder what we were all up to when we didn't have a space to call community/home. Thankful tears because God orchestrated it all so eloquently. Thankful that I don't know how He did it but He used us to make something beautiful.


Intricate pieces...
I once visited a city near Venice called Burano.

It was an island that was famous for embroidery and lace work. A long time ago the Burano women made lace as a unit to create these larger pieces. Well in their times together the created a unique stitch of 8 needles/8 hands. In order to put the one stitch in the fabric all 8 of them had to be ready/aware/and perfectly timed.

Suddenly I saw us (VFC artists) as this. As the lace already in progress. As the embroiders stitching those valuable parts. And I'm just happy.

It could all fall to pieces on Sunday. And yes that would be tragic. But there is always another Sunday. I just pray that we can all take a seat and just relish. To breathe it in. To name it. To just be.

Ahhhh coffee.

Ahhhhh art.

ahhhhhhh music.

ahhhhh God.

ahhhhhh life.

Comments

Shannon Marie said…
I think I want to shoot weddings. Or maybe, I donno, have one ? Shoot.

Popular Posts